What you need to do is follow the instructions that are taken from the Importing Content page from the WordPress website. To import from a WordPress export file into your blog follow these steps.
- Log into that blog as an administrator.
- Go to Tools › Import in the blog’s admin panels.
- Choose “WordPress” from the list and click the “Install Now” button in the modal window for the WordPress Importer plugin.
- Activate it by clicking the “Activate Plugin & Run Importer” link,
- Upload your WXR file using the form provided on that page.
- You will first be asked to map the authors in this export file to users on the blog. For each author, you may choose to map to an existing user on the blog or to create a new user.
- WordPress will then import each of the posts, comments, and categories contained in the uploaded file into your blog. In addition, you can import attachment by checking the “Download and import file attachments” option.
- Please be patient while WordPress imports all the content. Posts, Pages, Projects, and Menus are imported. You will need assign the menu a theme location & you’ll need to configure widgets. This is a limitation of WordPress’ import system.
You can install demo xml content and make your website like the theme demo. If you want to begin with demo content like the theme demo, you need to import xml content to your website like below: Go to the Tools > Import section and click to WordPress. But first, the demo content is inside a .zip file. You should extract this archive on your computer and only upload the .xml file in WordPress.
select xml content file you’ve downloded with the bundled theme zip file than click to “Upload and Import” button. All of the predefined contents will be imported to your website within a minute.
In few seconds, WordPress will be upload and extract the theme archive for you. All you need to do next is to press the Activate link under the message for successful theme installation.